Widowed Friends of Halton provides a safe, social atmosphere for widowed people to develop friendships with others who have also lost a spouse.
As the WFH membership expands, the values and guidelines of the group must expand and evolve also. Each member of our community has an opportunity to help us grow and improve, build trust between each other and enhance our profile in the community. To ensure that we all share in and understand the responsibilities of membership, we have put together guidelines that define our group’s membership and code to which we hold ourselves and members accountable.
Please review the following and let us know if you have any questions.
1. WFH membership is open exclusively to individuals who have lost a spouse or partner and who can provide proof of loss.
2. As this is a friendship group, anyone who makes unwelcome advances to members of the group will be removed from membership.
3. Anyone who utilizes this group in an attempt to solicit money from group members will be removed from membership.
4. Any attempts to sell products or services not previously approved by the Organizers and/or for any solicitation of the group will be removed.
5. Organizers/Event hosts will not condone any forms of harassment, bullying or racism. If you are found to be behaving in this manner you will be removed from membership.
6. Members are responsible for their own safety and conduct, including their decision to share personal information with other members and to develop friendships outside the group. Organizers/Event hosts are responsible for event facilitation and management only.
7. If you choose to drink alcohol at any events, it is your responsibility to not drink and drive.
8.Widowed Friends is dedicated to individuals – we do not support or promote dating relationships within the group. Although we are delighted when individuals find each other either within our community or outside the group, we have found that obviously dating couples may focus on their relationship and exclude the larger community of individuals at activities. Many of our members are experiencing an ongoing grieving process and may not be ready to engage with partnered or remarried couples who are reminders of their own loss. It is for this reason that we restrict attendance at our events to our individual members only.
If two WF members begin a dating relationship and choose to continue attending events, we ask that they be respectful of the larger group by engaging with everyone. We understand friendships may have formed and dating members wish to stay connected at times with the WF group, however the dating relationship should not be obvious to any other members.
We reserve the right to request that members withdraw from the community if they prove unable to comply with this request.
Recognizing that our members may have partners or guests they would like to include occasionally, we suggest that they invite guests to designated events found on Meetup which specifically outline which social activities are open to guests including partners, family, friends etc.