Welcome to Fall! September was a terrific month at WFH with all kinds of new events as well as some old favourites. We held 20 events which were attended by a total of 330 people!
Here are some of the highlights:
- Mohawk Raceway dinner & horse racing
- Wine tasting and lunch in the Niagara region
- a pasta potluck ( thanks Liz!)
- weekly dinners at our favourite restaurants
- afternoon coffee meet ups
- Latin dancing
- Wednesday night bowling, one of our most popular events! Sign up on Meetup and join the team!
Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting our group… and a big WELCOME to all our new members!
October is shaping up to be another great month with our October 29th Halloween dance in support of Carpenter Hospice capping off the month. We suggest RSVPing for this event as soon as possible to ensure your spot, as we are expecting a big turnout.
Widowed Friends of Halton Recipe Book! We are hoping to put together a book of your favourite recipes – for one or a family. To have the book ready by Christmas we need your contributions now! Please submit your recipes to Stephanie, Dorothy or Lesley by Nov 1 2016.
Be sure to check Meetup often for upcoming events and take a look at our website and add your comments and suggestions.